Contact your local authority to find out what you can recycle where
We’ve got all the latest campaign news and what’s hot in recycling right here. For details of recycling in your area please visit our 'In your area' section or 'search our 'recycling and reuse locator'
- Yuletide green things to do this December
We all spend a lot and create too much waste at Christmas, but with a bit of careful planning and advice from Waste Awareness Wales, you can reduce the amount you waste, save money and help the environment.
- Twitter Feed - What's being said about recycling?
- Top tips for a waste-free Autumn
As Autumn approaches, Waste Awareness Wales have some top tips for a waste free autumn. The seasonal change brings about many transformations around the home and garden that can lead to excess waste. From changing your summer wardrobe for something a little warmer to discarding the summer plants at the end of their lives. Achieving this whole creating minimal waste can be possible, with a few simple tips.
- Hundreds Sign up to food waste recycling pledge at Giant Caddy Event
A three metre high food waste caddy has encouraged nearly 600 people to sign up to a pledge to recycle their food waste.
- Giant food waste caddy tours Wales to help increase recycling
A three metre high food waste caddy is touring Wales with the aim of increasing awareness of food waste recycling.
- Celebrity chef helps Wales save money with cookery road show
The Love Food Hate Waste cookery road show is back.
- The green credentials of tourist attractions in Wales
Tourist attractions are one commercial enterprise where the sustainable management of waste is a considerable undertaking.
- 10 years of Recycle Week see Welsh recycling rates soar
As celebrations to mark the 10th anniversary of national Recycle Week get underway, Waste Awareness Wales looks back at the significant progress Wales has made in dealing with its waste.
- Kitchen Caddies Get Groovy
During Recycle Week and Wise up to Waste Week, Community Centres across the City of Swansea teamed up with the council’s recycling team to make food caddies groovy.
- Make the most of food wherever you eat
When you eat food out do you ever find you’ve got some left on your plate and think ‘what a waste’? It’s estimated that more than 600,000 tonnes of food waste is thrown away each year in the UK hospitality and food service industry.
- HOME COMPOSTING IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Waste Awareness Wales is encouraging households in Wales to get involved with International Compost Awareness Week by taking the opportunity to try composting for themselves.
- NEW APP FROM LOVE FOOD HATE WASTE HELPS WELSH CONSUMERS SAVE £££ WHILE ON THE MOVE
Help is at hand for anyone who wants to keep track of their budgets by food planning, shopping, making the most of left-overs and recipes while ‘on the go’, thanks to a new app from Love Food Hate Waste (LFHW).
- Your chance to win a fabulous Eden Project Hamper!
This year, Waste Awareness Wales are teaming up with The Big Lunch to encourage as many people as possible to have lunch with their neighbours in a simple act of community, friendship and fun on Sunday 2 June 2013.
- Go Green piece by Alun Davies, the Minister for Natural Resources
The exact details of what happens to our recycling after it has been collected has become a hot topic in recent months, with some parts of the UK media claiming that we are being duped by a recycling con and that our carefully sorted recycling is in-fact being dumped in landfill.
- Campaign launched to reduce food waste in Wales
Waste Awareness Wales is launching a new campaign this week to tackle the issue of food waste.
- Egg on your family to recycle this Easter
With Easter just around the corner and buying chocolate eggs on our minds, Waste Awareness Wales is encouraging people to follow their tips for a waste free Easter break.
- Waste Awareness Wales team up with PG Tips to boost food waste recycling in Abergavenny
Waste Awareness Wales and Monmouthshire Council have been working with PG Tips on an innovative project to help increase food waste recycling in Abergavenny.
- Don’t take a recycling holiday this Christmas
Don’t take a recycling holiday this Christmas Waste Awareness Wales has come up with a few top tips to help people waste less and recycle more at Christmas:
- Turkey:guide to buying the right weight
The following table shows you the ideal sized turkey to buy for the guests you're cooking for so you don’t waste money and food buying a bird that is too big.
- Christmas Stats, Facts & Top Tips
Recycling top tips: In the run up to Christmas Over the festive period When the festivities are over Home composting tips Christmas recycling statistics